Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pythons a Pain


Earlier this month I bought a book on Python(the programming language). I really want to expand my abilities with not only electronics but computer technology, so naturally learning programming languages will help. I bought the book Learning Python, and after some 300 pages I am at chapter 20 of 29. I also bought Programming Python, a massive 1,500 page book that expands upon Learning Python. I should be finished with my first book by the end of this month, and when I'm close to finishing it I will purchase the cookbook and reference book for Python. I eventually want to move on to C++, and I feel that by learning a high level language will allow me to get into the "feel" of programming, from which I can expand to more complex languages while still being able to use Python as a scripting language. I'll admit, I do get stuck quite often on learning Python, but I believe it is only because this book likes to really go heavy on descriptions, while I learn best by examples. Classes is a little confusing, so I'm hoping I get it down pretty fast.

No comments: