Sunday, September 9, 2007

School has started..and I have a cold!


School started last week on a Thursday, which meant I only had one day of school that week. This past week was close to a full week of school, with only Monday off(due to Labor Day) and only having not taken one class, which is scheduled only on Mondays. After taking 6 of my 7 classes, I can say that I'm fairly happy with my schedule. Everyday gives me at least 2 hours break, and on Thursdays I have a 7 hour break, which I use to catch up on school work. Combine that with a 3 day weekend, and I have plenty of time for rest and homework.

My main concern, Calculus 2, doesn't appear to be that bad. I was able to complete all but 2 problems from the assignment given to the class(a total of 20 problems on it), and even spotted out 2 errors made by the teacher. We are using the books from last semester, which means I saved roughly $150 on a book. I still have to purchase a Ti-89 Titanium calculator, but even for $100 I'm still glad it is required. This gives me a reason to buy a very nice calculator that will help a lot, not only for Calculus but also for Engineering Physics that I will be taking either next semester or next Fall.

Coincidently, on the first day of school I was fortunate enough to start having acute sore throats in the morning everyday. Since the symptoms were happening only after I slept and have been going on up until now, I was pretty worried. Finally the full fledged sickness came out today, and I'm just glad I know what it is now. It feels like it's finally going away, and I should be fine after a few more days.

I also did a major overhaul on my Python game(a lot more efficient and easier to modify). I'm not sure if I'll continue working on it, since I want to move onto GUI applications in Python. In fact, I ordered wxPython in Action a few days ago. My Circuit Analysis class has had some homework on Series and Parallel circuits, so I developed a Python program to compute all values for it, including Voltage, Current, Power, and total Resistance. I intend to enhance it more and make a GUI for it.

No comments: