Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's always slow at the beginning of the semester.

Nothing new really going on. I do have FAT32 down and hope to have a SD card breakout board ship to my house soon so I can start learning how to interface with that. Hope to be able to setup a simple SD Card reader, possibly have an interface through UART to my PC for a terminal style interface. I am pretty disappointed with the resources for learning how to navigate the FAT32 filesystem. It came down to 2 sites I used to learn it, the official specifications given by Microsoft (which are in some other language) and a guide by this guy that was not specific enough for me. After creating a partition on my hard drive, zeroing it, and putting FAT32 on it, it finally became clear to me. It's pretty simple when it's all laid out for you.

No comments: