Sunday, June 28, 2015

Game Boy Emulator Update

Tetris running on the emulator, showing the graphical glitch it has with sprites.

On week 3 of this project, and am excited to say that the Game Boy Emulator can now play *some* games! As of now it is only failing for the "HALT" instruction, with all other instructions passing Blargg's CPU instruction tests. Additionally, rendering of the background, window (untested), and sprites are implemented. The above picture shows the one problem with sprite rendering for now: Sprites do not render on the bottom 16 pixels of the screen and worse yet they sometimes render a bit funny. With the current progress of the emulator, you are able to play Tetris, which is pretty awesome considering this is not just my first game that works on the emulator, but was also the first game I received when my Dad gave me my Game Boy over 15 years ago.

No comments: