Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bought more Python books!

My virtualized server of Windows XP running my bot
(apparently I overwrote this image with another, stupid me for using a generic "desktop.jpg")

In my quest to learn all that is Python, I purchased 2 more books, Python in a Nutshell, and Python Cookbook. I am close to finishing my Learning Python book, as of now I am halfway through chapter 23, only 6 chapters left! After I complete Learning Python, its on to Programming Python and studying my other two books. At some point, probably when I near completion of Programming Python, I may purchase wxPython in Action, which has gotten great reviews. I really want to be able to program with a good GUI module that will allow me to work well under any platform, not just my native Ubuntu Linux OS.

The issue of understanding Classes is taken care of, I now understand it well! It turns out that the first part of the section on Classes was talking about examples of Classes more than actually teaching and explaining it. My main concern though is doing well on the assignment problems at the end of the section for when I finish this chapter today. I often get stuck and have to refer to the Appendix for hints and answers.

On a side note, my bot for Diablo 2 seems to be on an item slump, have yet to find anything in a while. Right now it only does Pindle runs, but hopefully with my saved up fg I should be able to afford good equipment to run Kukbot for all the major bosses in the game, then the real income starts! As I listen to my Windwaker music, I'm considering getting on Starcraft. Jason and I played last night and easily won, and I could really go for some more.

Try out my Python game I made a while ago, it plays Tic-Tac-Toe(crude AI and horrible programming, but it still works!). To run it under Linux, simply go to the directory of the file in your terminal and type "python tictactoe.py".
Attachment: tictactoe.py

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.